What you will need:
- 1 box of devil's food cupcake mix
- Water, Vegetable Oil and Eggs (for the cake mix)
- 1 bag of Dark Chocolate drops/candy melts
- 1 tub of Butter cream Frosting
- Red Food Colouring/Paste
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake cases in a 24 regular size muffin pan cups.
- Make and bake the cupcakes as directed on the box. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile line a baking tray with parchment paper. Melt the dark chocolate using whichever method you prefer. I did it in the microwave using intervals of 15 seconds until completely melted. Place melted chocolate into a resealable sandwich bag. Cut off a tiny corner of the bag and squeeze the bag to pipe the chocolate into devils' horn and tail shapes on the parchment paper. Refrigerate until set.
- At this point you can make your own frosting if you wish, I took the easy route and brought pre-made butter cream frosting. Empty the tub into a bowl and add food colouring. Once mixed pipe or spread mixture onto the cupcakes.
- Place the horns and tail into the frosting on each cupcake.
*Recipe from the Betty Crocker Halloween pops and cupcakes magazine*