It's been a long time since I posted a recipe post on here. Truth be told I got a bit lazy and haven't prepared many meals from scratch in a while. But the other week I decided to research some recipes and start preparing healthy, fresh meals for us again and I'm hoping to continue this throughout the year!
One of my favorite recipes from the first week were these Greek Turkey Burgers. So easy to make and so delicious! The cucumber and mint sauce was to die for!
- 1lb lean Turkey
- 9oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yoghurt
- Pita bread halves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yoghurt (for sauce)
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber (for sauce)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mint leaves (for sauce- I used mint sauce as I couldn't find any fresh leaves)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice (for sauce)
- Set oven to broil. In a medium bowl mix cucumber sauce ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook spinach as directed and cool slightly, drain well. In a large bowl mix cooked spinach, turkey, yoghurt, oregano, garlic salt and pepper. Shape into oval patties about 1/2 inch thick. Place patties on a baking tray under the broiler (about 5 inches from heat) for about 10-12 minutes, turning once. Ensure internal temperature is 165F.
- Place 2 tomato slices in each pita pocket; place burgers over tomato slices and top with sauce.
- Serve with a delicious salad.
And there you have it- simple, easy, healthy and delicious!