- Refrigerated pie crusts
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 24 oz mashed potatoes
- Heat oven to 400F. Unroll pie crusts and roll each into 12 inches in diameter. Using a 4 inch round cutter, cut 6 rounds from each crust. Firmly press each round into a regular sized muffin pan, making sure to go up the sides. Bake for 7-10 minutes until lightly brown. Reduce heat to 350F.
- Microwave frozen vegetables as directed on the package and set aside.
- In an 8 Inch nonstick skillet heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes. Add beef to skillet and cook until brown. Drain excess fat. Add broth, salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Stir in vegetables.
- Cook potatoes as directed.
- Fill each crust with the beef mixture and top with the mashed potatoes. Bake for 25-30 minutes until crusts are golden brown and the mashed potatoes are lightly brown. I like to switch the oven to broil just before I take them add to get them a bit more brown on top.
- Serve with peas, mint sauce and gravy- perfect!